Black Corporation Deckard’s Dream
Complete system! Manufactured and assembeld by Black Corporation.
Deckard’s Dream is an eight-voice polyphonic analog synthesizer in a 19” rack-mount format. It is inspired by a certain cinematic sound from the late 1970s and early 1980s.
The synth features a fully analog signal path with two independent layers per voice. Discrete waveshapers help to reproduce the oddities of the original waveforms, especially the sawtooth glitch, which is a big part of the CS-80 sound. An autotune function assures that all 16 VCOs are tracking perfectly. It even offers detune and microtuning settings for a more vintage feel. With the addition of MIDI implementation, 256 presets (which can be managed on the integrated OLED display) and an upcoming software editor provided by Spektro Audio, this vintage inspired poly synth is at home in any modern studio.
For each layer, the synth offers a VCO with square, saw and sine waveforms, discrete 12 dB HP and LP filters with separate resonance controls, an ADSR for the filter with adjustable initial and attack levels, and an ADSR dedicated to the VCA. The synth also provides velocity and aftertouch controls for filter brilliance and volume levels.
Furthermore, polyphonic aftertouch gives Deckard’s Dream expression that has only been possible on a very small number of synthesizers. MPE technology (using controllers by ROLI, LinnStrument, Haken) takes this even further with the addition of polyphonic pitch bend.
The synth is build in Japan, Tokyo, using only high quality electronic components.
- 8-voice polyphonic analogue synthesizer
- Fully analogue signal path
- 2 synthesis layers per voice
- 256 presets
- VCO with square, saw and sine waveforms
- PWM with sine-wave LFO
- Manual PW (50-90%)
- 12dB HP and LP discrete filters with separate resonance controls
- ADSR filter envelope with adjustable initial and attack levels
- ADSR VCA envelope
- Velocity and aftertouch controls for filter brilliance and volume levels
- Global coarse/fine tune
- VCO2 detune
- LFO with sine, saw, ramp, square and stepped random waveforms
- LFO destinations: VCO, VCF, VCA
- Crossfade between layers 1 and 2
- Global filter brilliance and resonance control for additional resonance
- Polyphonic aftertouch destinations: LFO speed, LFO to VCO amount, LFO to VCF amount, filter brilliance, volume level
- Keyboard tracking adjustment for VCF and VCA
- MIDI/MPE with polyphonic aftertouch
- Polyphonic pitchbend
- MIDI over USB
- 128 factory and 128 user presets
- Alternate scales and tunings
- Software editor by Spektro Audio
- DC input jack (9-24V)
- External modulation input jack (1/4″)
- Expander jack (DIN5)
- USB jack (type B, device/host)
- MIDI IN jack (DIN5)
- MIDI THRU jack (DIN5)
- AUDIO OUT LOW jack (1/4″)
- AUDIO OUT HIGH jack (1/4″)
- 19″ 4U rack-mount
- Width: 483mm / 19″
- Height: 178mm / 7″
- Depth: 200mm / 7.8″
- Weight: ~ 4.8 kg / 10.6 lbs incl external PSU brick.