Make Noise Dynamix
Make Noise - Dynamix
DynaMix is a fast two-channel Low Pass Gate, dynamics manager and mixer, the core of which is derived from our 0-COAST synthesizer. The LEVEL parameter provides simultaneous voltage control over the Amplitude and Frequency content of audio signals, operating as a VCF/A. The DYNMC parameter accepts audio signals or control voltages and converts them into a signal that may increase or decrease the LEVEL parameter thus allowing for side-chaining and ducking. The summing section is complete with an AUXiliary INput allowing for the chaining of multiple MIX units (modDemix, Optomix and RxMx modules) to create large, non-centralized mixes.
The DYNAMIX is functionally similar to the Optomix LPG: a fundamental element in the sound of West Coast Synthesis, however, rather than using the Vactrol component that gives the Optomix its characteristic “slow” sound, the DYNAMIX circuit utilizes transistors in a topology that has more in common with East Coast instruments. This combination of West Coast technique and East Coast circuitry is No-Coast synthesis at its best, allowing the Low Pass Gate to be used in tandem with an extremely important East-Coast synthesis circuit: the ADSR, a 4-stage Envelope generator we call CONTOUR.
- analog Low Pass Gate with fast response allows for AM synthesis and use with ADSR
- Input Signal Attenuator with soft overload at maximum settings
- DYNMC CV IN can act as audio side-chain input
- LEDs indicate LEVEL activity
- Voltage controlled mixer with AUX IN allows for chaining of multiple units to create larger mixes
- Pairs well with CONTOUR, Optomix, modDemix
Power @+12V: 55mA
Power @-12V: 45mA