Expert Sleepers - Disting Ex
Expert Sleepers - Disting Ex (Super Disting)
The disting EX is a multifunction Eurorack module, building on the rich legacy of the previous disting incarnations, which can operate as
- two souped-up disting mk4s, or as
- a single powerful module in its own right.
Fully DC-coupled, all inputs and outputs can be CVs or audio, depending on the selected function. The functions on offer include audio processing (filters, delays etc.), CV processing and generation (quantizers, pattern generators etc.), oscillators (VCOs, LFOs etc.), and sample playback.
Brand new features for the disting EX include an eight voice polyphonic sample (WAV) player, a powerful stereo tape delay (based on our own Augustus Loop), and a dedicated WAV recorder mode.
When acting as two disting mk4s, the disting EX offers these advantages:
- Higher sample rate (96kHz)
- Much more RAM (so all delays, reverbs etc. can be much longer)
- Lower latency when triggering samples (now 700µs)
- And of course, an OLED display.
The disting EX's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 50mm
- Current draw: 229mA on the +12V rail, 50mA on the -12V rail
- Input & output voltage range: ±10V
- Compatible with the Doepfer CV/gate bus and the Select Bus.
For more detail, please see the user manual.